26 June 2009

The King Is Dead





The King is dead. Long live the king: Michael Jackson RIP.
Fuck! Another one bites the dust!

Since our last blog I shot off to Athens for the weekend to play the Ejekt Festival for the third year in a row, closing after Two Many DJs. It was fucking amazing! I want to thank everybody who was there; the crowd was off the hook as usual. Athens has definitely got to be one of my favourite cities in the world. I spent the next day eating seafood and swimming in the sea, watching the sun come down followed by the most amazing waffle and ice cream restaurant - a spectacle I’ve never seen in any country before: about 1000 people out just wallowing in ice cream delight – the perfect way to end an amazing weekend.

Then it was back into the studio. I’ve had a a really productive week. I’ve been working on some of mine and Gavin’s tracks, including a vocal version of “Heavy Drug” which is on the mix comp, then I met up with a really talented video director – Anthony Dickenson who is definitely doing some really cool shit. You should check him out. He has been working with my wife on some really interesting projects. I also had some meetings about potential soundtracks one in particular which would be cool as this would allow us to work on some hip hop tracks which Pablo and I would love to do because we have all these tracks at the moment which would really suit rappers but don’t really fit the direction of the new album, so who knows? This could be a really interesting proposition - I’ll keep you posted.

I then spent yesterday working with Lisa who joined us at the end of the last tour. You should check out her band “Dark Horses” - www.myspace.com/darkhorsesofficial who are absolutely amazing and have just recorded a new record with Richard Fearless. They have been opening for Kasabian recently. Lisa is one of the most talented singers I have met in a long time. We worked on a few tracks which have come out great so it has been really productive and exciting.

Today I am off to meet up with Warren and Nick regarding album artwork. We are in the process of coming up with ideas for both images and packaging and then we’ll be chilling.

I am playing Inverness tomorrow and then back in the studio on Monday with Gavin.

Also I thought you might like to see the covershot and track listing for the forthcoming global mix.....

Have a good week. Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. Hey James!

    Thank you for writing this blog, I really enjoy reading it. In the past I found it quite hard to find information about what's going on with UNKLE but now I can read from the man himself!
    I love listening to your music, I always find it very inspirational.
    So thanks again, it's always an interesting and fun read for me.

    Cheers,

    mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn james. keep up all the good work! dont stop writing on this blog, and please come to the states. Preferably NYC?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out the SatelliteMagOnline.com write up with Unkle and McQ at http://satellite-magonline.com/arts/v01-04_unkle.shtml

    ReplyDelete