30 November 2009

Mixing it up!

Mixing it up!

Ok at least its only two weeks now, I know I’m slack but bear with me I’m in deep! We have just started mixing this week with Steve Dub which is going really well. It is really exciting, I finally feel now like there is light at the end of the tunnel! It has been a long and winding road making this record and finally knowing that we’re near the end and hearing the first few tracks mixed is such a high! Finally hearing the fruits of the past two years having been so deep in it is such an amazing experience, we have been putting the final touches on 3 tracks this week “Natural Selection” with The Black Angels, “Caged Bird” featuring the vocals of Katrina Ford who sings in a band called Celebration and who also sang with TV On The Radio on “Wolf Like Me” and “Another Night Out” featuring the mighty Mark Lanegan. Hopefully we’ll have another five done next week so I’ll let you know how it goes....
Since I last reached out I’ve had a couple of amazing dj gigs including Club Midi in Cluj, Romania and Paradiso in Amsterdam which was fucking incredible - it was Earth’s tenth anniversary and my brother’s girlfriends birthday so 14 of us hit the club and it could not of been better great crowd amazing production and a really fun night to play, I went off to the Isle of Man on Friday and was intrigued before I went as I hadn’t been before. It was great – had a good night there and then again in London on Saturday at Ministry where I played with Agoria.
We now have a release date for the Heavy drug remixes which is the 27th of December again that’s King Unique, Steve Mac and Future Beat Alliance. The mixes will be available from both I-tunes and Beatport. They might take slightly longer to go up on I Tunes in the US but fear not they will be available there too soon! They should be available on Beatport in the US on the 27th though. We also found out that Heavy Drug is going to be used in an episode of Skins in 2010 so listen out for that!

Check digweed rocking the kingunique mix on you tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZKNTEmWp1U
So apart from generally being locked in the studio I had a great night out with my 12 year old daughter at the O2 getting jiggy to Beyonce. She was dope! Fuck that girl can dance!! I’ve also been putting finishing touches to the artwork which is looking really beautiful its very different from before as its photographic based but with a twist, very psychedelic and other-worldly!
Right I’m out of here – it was a long weekend and need some downtime!

For some entertainment check out MGMT and all the other bands on Yo Gabba Gabba on you tube, Natalie Portman rapping on Saturday night live and our ex monitor engineer Dan trying to fly at a recent Faith No More gig oh my god its hilarious!!!!..........

http://s562.photobucket.com/albums/ss69/flaminglips515/?action=view&current=artiseverywhere.flv – MGMT on Yo Gabba Gabba

http://www.youtube.com/user/yogabbagabba?blend=1&ob=4#p/u - Yo Gabba Gabba’s You Tube Channel

Yo Gabba Gabba’s website = http://yogabbagabba.com/#

Natalie Portman Rap = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpMPFGBtE7Q

Watch out for Dan Buckley at 2:35 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU3lX5Vj_G0

17 comments:

  1. ohhh how excited I am about the new UNKLE album... it has been a long time. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... Seems this post is starting an earthquake... Can t you feel People s excitment ??; ;-)
    Well, what would be the colour for this New one ??
    I have little ideas to talk to you if you want...
    Cheers...
    D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lanegan, finally on an Unkle album. I'm looking forward to that!

    Hopefully see you in the Stiff Kitten on Saturday! Need to see how the funds are looking closer to the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come to Barcelona, we waiting for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't wait to hear the Black Angels track, along with the rest of the album!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made with humility a clip from one of your song (Morning Rage) wich has been posted on Vimeo. Its no way commercial. Its just a fanworking. I hope you will appreciate it : http://www.vimeo.com/6850295

    If it's not the case i will delete it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there, i'm Teo from Italy. Help Haiti with MUsic For relief. I have donated something!


    http://www.musicforrelief.org/

    They need us.

    Thanks, have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the artwork for the new album...it's breathtakingly stunning. In fact I have it as my current wallpaper, centered, on my laptop :-) Getting psyched for this new album James, and hope to see you next time you make your next visit to SoCal. Cheers, and peace to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard an extended version of "Natural Selection" being played over the speakers before Black Rebel Motorcycle Club's show in LA. It had this droning "dreeeaaammmiinnnnggg" lyric in part of it. I was wondering if you're aware of it, and if so, is it a remix and who did it? I'd really love to get that version.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greetings from Moscow!
    Watch the interview James gave to cyberbrothers.tv during his last tour in Russia. It was a great talk; watch it here -
    http://cyberbrothers.tv/user/23/works#cyberbrother/4958

    ReplyDelete
  11. James dear,
    Nice to see things have worked out with your uncle venture.
    It makes ones heart glow having you and the Radiohead boys come from ones home town.
    It's a shame your all middle class but then life always throws a spanner in the works.
    Anyway, I see your playing Bexhill soon I may pop down if I can get a ticket.
    I only live down the road from there, In Brighton- how I have managed to have a nice (enough) house in one of the better parts of Brighton is beyond me, I didn't even really work until my 30's.

    Be good, life is a swift game

    Alie- your former Kung Fu partner and BlackBird leys escape artist.

    PS I hear Bowie is dusting down his gloves it would be wonnderful if you two did something together, also Lou Reed, Patti Smith,Sparks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do we assume after over a year that this blog has been abandoned into the nether-regions of UNKLE history?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! Keep posting! Have a great day! house painting

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad to hear those good things from you and so happy that everything is going well. You haven't posted for updates for the past years. Did you create a new blog? Thanks anyway for sharing this.

    Electronic cigarettes ann arbor is now out in the market. Grab one now at www.thesmokebot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello. Great job. I always wanted to write in my site something like this post. Thanks! hot tubs

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just found your blog and want to say thank you ! It is really nice post thanks for sharing and just keep up the good work !

    Flash Photo Gallery ! Medprax™ ! Bangladeshi Exporters ! Cars for Travelers

    ReplyDelete